Follow Mumbling Jack, my new blog

  • Crocuses - Outside now, rain falls,Smearing crocus in our eyesAs April arrivesTo weave, with tentative hands,Green through yellow mats of grass
    2 weeks ago

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Fields of Light

A friend linked me to April Gornik's site a while back, and I was immediately enthralled by her virtuosity with light. I sat and stared at her paintings, drawings, and prints for a long, long time wishing I had a larger screen, wishing I could transport myself through the screen to stand in front of one of her works until I collapsed from dehydration and hunger. A melodramatic response? Perhaps, but I don't think so. And I intend to see at least one of these works in person some day in order to fully appreciate the layers that my instant visceral response tells me exists in them.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: