Follow Mumbling Jack, my new blog

  • Crocuses - Outside now, rain falls,Smearing crocus in our eyesAs April arrivesTo weave, with tentative hands,Green through yellow mats of grass
    2 weeks ago

Monday, March 14, 2005

Baseball, Sportsnet, and I

Yes, today, this afternoon, baseball, the Sportsnet channel, and I will coincide for the very first time this year. Approximately 5 minutes from now. It's a spring training game between the Cards and the Braves. A wonderfully meaningless game, which means I should be able to enjoy it completely instead having the standings (or the performances of particular players who might or might not be on one of my rotisserie baseball teams) in the back of my head.

Later today (this evening, probably) I'll be posting a Czeslaw Milosz poem, and maybe some thoughts about Milosz.

Now to the game.

No comments: