Follow Mumbling Jack, my new blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

LibraryThing

I first found LibraryThing last spring, but it's taken me this long to start a concerted effort at cataloguing my books with it. (I'm not adding books in any particular order because they're not on my shelves, etc., in any particular order.) I have no idea when I'll be finished, but I hope to add a few a day until I've caught up to what I have on my shelves (and desk and dresser and tables and floor and, yes, okay, pretty much all available surfaces). Meanwhile, Library thing also offers a couple of widgets which let people see random book covers in the sidebar or even search my library.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nifty! If I lived close by, I'd be banging on your door at this moment, begging to borrow the Lorca. I don't have any Lorca here. Shameful.

John said...

At the moment I have two (count 'em, two!) copies of that particular Lorca.

Anonymous said...

Two! Well, having two is probably a good idea if you have friends like me out there. I don't tend to return good books as quickly as I probably should.

Unknown said...

You should have an addition to your library "Books borrowed from Dylan".

:p

John said...

I can see A Feast for Crows out of the corner of my eye right now. It's on top of the "borrowed box" (in which the rest of your books rest comfortably.

I suppose since I'm just down the street now....